Tuesday, March 21, 2006

6 b) Working out the self while communicating with others

1 - http://suzie.livejournal.com/

"I love weblogs because they’re yet another way for people to express themselves online. Sure they’re full of links. They’re also full of lives. Look at the way Meg uploads her train of thought on a daily basis, or Tom tells us about his love life, or Jack tells his stories. These are real people putting their lives online." (Derek Powlek, 2002)

"For me, I blog for myself. It helps touch and experiment with my long dormant (and barely existent) creativity. It is an outlet for my angst and for my exuberance. It is a safe place for me to be self expressive." (Steve Goldberg, www.brewedfreshdaily.com, Jan. 28, 2004)

“Occasionally,…what I write touches somebody. Sometimes positively, sometimes negatively, but it caused a reaction in somebody else.” (Goldberg, Jan. 28, 2004)

“I choose to record my thoughts publicly on the simple, slightly selfish hope that what I write touches somebody, if even for a fleeting moment.” (Minerva442, July 2005)

"The first member of the audience for which I write is myself. But the…host of readers that makes up the rest…are also important because, without them, I might not challenge myself as much as I do…. Some of my readers are masters of the English language, others are remarkable thinking beings, and yet others are sensate to a remarkable degree. Many are all of the above and in writing to them, I feel like I am writing for an audience that deserves a record of my experience." (commonbeauty, Jan. 29, 2004)


7) The "blogosphere"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home